Who I was, WHo I an Now!

Home Forums Recovery Stories of Hope Who I was, WHo I an Now!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brenda Black
    Participant

I have been an alcohol and drug abuser most of my life. I think the reason I used was to cover up the pain. I come from a very dysfunctional family. My father was an alcoholic, as was his parents and sisters. My mother was a very loving and caring person. My father was very abusive toward my mother, my sisters and I.

My life as a child really sucked. I was a very overweight child. My addiction the was food. I ate my feelings away. I could never fit in. The first time I tried alcohol I thought I found the perfect way to relieve the pain of my life. Boy was I wrong.

I could not deal with life and all the little hurdles there are. That is until I realized that as long as I abused substances I didn’t have a life. At least not a healthy one! I just woke up one day and thought to myself that I was on the verge of drinking myself to death. Not only that, I could have hurt or even killed innocent people while I was driving around drunk.

I have learned many things since I’ve been sober. Actually I have been another chance to start living!!!!!!

Ken Nersten
    Participant

I am really glad after reading how effectively recovered from this. God bless you with a healthy life.

Brian Burgess
    Participant

Am touched deeply reading your story..my friend is also trying hard to recover from alcohol, but please be careful. For all its glamor alcohol is still a very dangerous drug.It ruins our lives completely…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)