Im new to my recovery. how does this website work?

Home Forums Member Topics New Member Cafe Im new to my recovery. how does this website work?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ashlee Carnell Ashlee Carnell 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Laura Kay G
    Laura Kay G
    Participant

Im new to my recovery. im interested in how this website works. Ive been going to na meetings in my town and they seems helpful to people who have a sponsor but i havent really gotten to know anyone wellmenough to get a sponsor. So my counselor told me to check out this website. How do i find a community here?

Profile photo of Heidi Quist
    Heidi Quist
    Keymaster

You found it Laura!! 🙂 There are lots of people on here listening, reading and wanting to share their experience, strength and hope!! Hope are you doing so far?? I remember when I first started going to meetings…I felt like I didn’t fit in and I didn’t know how to find a sponsor. The best info I was given was keep showing up and at someone point someone will say something you relate to or that really helps you process things you are going through. I found a sponsor just by going to my meetings over and over again and she kind of fell into my lap! 🙂 If you want there are also meetings on this site that people share their experience, strength and hope and I know many have talked about what you are talking about! I hope I get to meet you in the rooms! Are you going okay now?

Profile photo of Ashlee Carnell
    Ashlee Carnell
    Participant

I am interested in also seeing how this website works too. Does it cost anything for any of the serverices? One on one counseling, etc? I am new to recovery also. I am on day 1 now. Praying to make it further

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)