where to start

Home Forums Get Addiction Help! Where to Start where to start

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous Anonymous
    Participant

i am reaching out for help

Sol R
    Keymaster

I am glad you reached out for help. We are here for you! Can you share a little more about what is going on?

I remember this being a big step in my own recovery as it is difficult to ask for help.

Sol

Heidi Quist
    Keymaster

Where can I be of service?? What do you need help with? Write a little bit in the forum about what you need so I can share my experience, strength and hope with you! Hope all is well!
    Heidi

Anonymous Anonymous
    Participant

How to take the 2nd step and stop drinking?

Heidi Quist
    Keymaster

I had to believe that there was something greater than me working and trust the process. I kept seeing all these people who were happy and they told me to start small and work big. It’s a process…progress not perfection! 🙂 I went 90 and 90 for meetings to keep out of my own head and staring talking to EVERYONE in the fellowship to pull all ideas to get my head in the right place and keep working on what I needed to do to stay sober. Go to meetings, get a sponsor and be of service!

Jenna F.
    Participant

Great discussion!

For me, it wasn’t so much about the second step at first. I needed to fully accept the first step into my life and believe with my whole heart, body and soul that I was an alcoholic. “We had to admit to our inner most selves that we were alcoholic.”
    After I admitted and accepted the first step, I was able to gather enough willingness to believe that something greater than my self could and would take care of me if I asked for help. I literally had no other option. Once I simply asked God for help, I was helped. And I felt like I was under his protection and care.

I will keep you in my prayers!

Anonymous Anonymous
    Participant

Thank you for your post. I do need a sponsor , I truly want to stop drinking I have went to AA meetings before I felt good like brand new not all foggy for 90 days I did not take a drink. The minute I stopped going to AA right back again drinking that was 2 years ago. I have moved since then and I have no car, we have no public transportation here in the city I live in . Any help would be accepted.Please message me.

Heidi Quist
    Keymaster

Monroe – Try to hit up the online meetings on this site they will at least give you some meetings you will need. I hope all is well!

Anonymous Anonymous
    Participant

Thanks

Anonymous Anonymous
    Participant

HI my name is chris i,m an over the road truck driver looking for a sponser

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)