There are other stories of Hope in drug recovery.

Home Forums Recovery Stories of Hope There are other stories of Hope in drug recovery.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Brian Burgess
    Participant

I have this friend who began drinking and using drugs as a teenager.As time went on he became more and more entrenched in his addiction.But if was shortly after his 34th birthady,that he said a prayer, “God, if you are there, I really need you. Is this what life is about? Go to work and die? If you’re lucky, have a few good relationships; if you’re really lucky, have a family? Is this it?”

The next morning, he was at the train station when a woman came up to him and said, “Excuse me, I would like to give you this.” he looked down at what she held out and realized it was a picture of the Savior. It was a Pass-Along card from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He knew this was the Father in Heaven answering his simple prayer. The woman wrote her contact information on the card. This contact led him to a church. When he got there, the man speaking that day said, “You are right where you need to be!“ He said this several times during his talk, and my friend’s heart responded every time. He decided to join the Church.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)