Support and Guidance

Home Forums Member Topics Getting Started Suggestions Support and Guidance

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Paul D
    Participant

It’s been 4 months and 14 days since I last touched a drug.
    I started and stopped drugs all in one year (2015), but a hell of a year it was.
    I don’t have many days where I want to use. But my struggle is the mental anguish it has left me with after everything I put myself through. Some days I have a hard time and I joined this sight in hopes it could help.
    My life is better than it ever was before drugs or on drugs (except for my ex husband having custody of my kids) but I still find life to be extremely hard sometimes.

Amanda Lynn Davis
    Participant

Hi Stephanie! Welcome…..my name is Lynn and I am an addict! How awesome to have 4 months and 14 days!!! This site is an awesome place and so thankful I found it! It gives me a place to connect with others as myself. I have been attending the online meetings for about 2 months now and am truly grateful for these!! Hope to see you at the next meeting! I think you will like it! I will be there..☺ok well have a great day! it was nice meeting you!!

Amanda Lynn Davis
    Participant

Hi again Stephanie… I just wanted to touch basis with you and let you know that I too struggle with the mental anguishes that I put myself and my kids through! I lost my kids while I was too busy getting high! Getting high was more important than my kids! So it has been 10 years since I have had any contact with them, but as I am writing this my grandkids are taking their nap. Yes, it is a miracle in itself! I am being trusted again and blessed to be able to do this! Now after 10 years I am getting my kids back in my life AND grandkids! 17 months ago I would have never seen this happening!! But it is and it is because I am clean and sober! I have hard days too but after going to an online meeting I always feel little bit better each time. And I learn things i can use in my recovery!! Cuz even thoughbi may have 17 months clean I am still all new to this! And it is! Very important to me to have these meetings as i am unable to attend outside meetings due to no license and personal reasons. So I just had a minute and wanted to take the time to let you know a little bit more about me. OK well thanks and hope to see you around here..

Tom G
    Participant

Hello everyone! Wanted to let folks know that this week’s topic for the online meeting Wednesday night (May 18) at 8:00 pm central will be “Getting started with sobriety”. We will be sharing our experience, strengths and hope. Please feel free to enter the meeting through this website and join the conversation. People can watch and/or participate all they want!
    Meetings are great because we all learn from each other’s experiences and learn that we are not alone with our alcoholism and addictions.
    Will see and talk to you then. Also, join Jodi for her meeting on Thursday at noon central.
    Remember, all meetings are anonymous, free and easy to participate.
    Tom G.

Paul D
    Participant

I’ll be at the online meeting. It is easier for me to attend those than in person meetings. Thank you for reaching out, it is sweet of you! I can’t pinpoint why or what triggered it, but my anxiety and stress has been super high recently and it has been difficult for me. I’m not really driven to use, but I’ve been over thinking my past actions too much and it is affecting my overall happiness. This is what I feel I need help with. I don’t know how to process it.

I’ve made great strides with the visitation with my children. I didn’t see them for almost 6 months, after being with them every day for their entire lives (minus a day or two here and there) so even though it is hard not to have them with my all the time, my ex husband just offered to let me keep them the entire summer break! It means the world to me. My kids are my ultimate happiness. Being a mother is my best accomplishment.

Amanda Lynn Davis
    Participant

I like the idea of knowing what the meeting will be about!

Tom G
    Participant

Stephanie, I’m so glad you’ll be at the meeting this Wednesday and Thursday, if you can make that one, too!
    One of the benefits of being clean and sober is the trust you get back from the people in your life. That’s great news about your children.
    I’m going to write something here that you may not understand right now, but as you delve into your recovery, you will…
    Nothing is more important to you than your recovery; that includes your children. That sounds harsh and selfish, but it really isn’t. Without being clean and in recovery, you won’t have your children in your life! Hell, you may not have your own life! The world and graveyards are littered with souls who put their sobriety, being clean and in recovery someplace other than first in their lives. We’ll get more into that on Wednesday.
    This recovery thing really does work. We get the benefits (trust, serenity, our children and loved ones in our lives) and put all the negative stuff in our past.
    Keep coming back, because it works and we’ll see you on Wednesday! I’m really pulling for you to find peace and be happy, joyous and free. Tom G.

Amanda Lynn Davis
    Participant

And I also like what the topic is!

Tyler Z.
    Participant

I am glad to hear the topic of the meeting for Wednesday. I have no idea really how to get started. This is day three of sobriety. Tomorrow morning I meet with a counselor to discuss options, but I do plan on attending meetings here online as they are easier than driving the distance I would have to go for an in person meeting. I want to hear from others in the group to see how they got started with sobriety and things I can do to keep adding to my three days thus far. Tom, Stephanie and Lynn (and others) I look forward to hearing and sharing with you online Wednesday. I have not lost my children or custody of them but I know I was headed that direction. Lynn and Stephanie I am happy for you being able to get in touch with your kids again and for what you have made it through. Although I do not have any help on solutions to process things and happiness right now I look forward to meeting you all, sharing, and beginning this process of getting my life back.

Amanda Lynn Davis
    Participant

Good morning Tom….something you said in your posts really touched me! What a way to look at it! Here it is…..”the world and graveyards are littered with souls who put their sobriety, being clean and in recovery someplace other than first in their lives!” Gives me something to think about, cuz it is such a truth statement and a sad yet scary one at that… Thanks and see you at the meeting!

Amanda Lynn Davis
    Participant

!! So glad to hear you will be at the meeting Marie! Good luck at your counselor meeting today!!!! And way to go on 3 days! Its awesome!! OK well i just wanted to say herllo I would talk more but I have to get ready to watch my grandkids today! Yea…lol have a good day…☺

Heidi Quist
    Keymaster

Marie – I agree with Lynn…CONGRATS ON 3 DAYS!!!! So awesome, it’s hard at first but the more you reach out…through forums, online meetings, calling people in the program…it works!!! I got a sponsor and went to meetings which helped me huge. I got a good base for my recovery and built off that. I went through the 12 steps of AA and through the first 164 pages of the big Book! I’m hoping we doing a meeting on this site soon the first 164 pages of the big book I think it would really help people!! I hope you are doing well….reach out and talk would love to hear from you! – Heidi

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)