Six months sober!

Home Forums Recovery Stories of Hope Six months sober!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ron F
    Participant

I will always remember the day that I admitted I was powerless in that hospital room, and the relief I felt when I said yes to the help I was offered. Looking back at the first time I stepped into an NA meeting, crying, shaking, could barely choke out “my name is Alexis and I’m an addict”. Every day after that seemed to bring one giant change after another…emotions I have never experienced in my life and not knowing what to do with them. Deleting numbers out my phone, saying goodbye to the people I used to hang and use with. People who I thought were my “friends”. Realizing that my life has always been chaotic. I have done a lot of cutting out and have said goodbyes to a lot of things. And once I got sober and started working the program I also have began to say hello to a lot of new and amazing, wonderful experiences. I started my life over from literally being anchored to rock bottom for many years. I now have my amazing family back in my life, who are rooting for me and helping me and supporting me so much. I never thought that would ever happen, and I am so damn thankful for each and every single one of them. I have a HUGE GIANT support system from my brothers and sisters in the program. Sober people. People who get it and get me, and who actually give a shit. I am HAPPY WITHOUT PUTTING ANYTHING IN MY BODY TO MAKE ME FEEL THAT WAY. HOW COOL IS THAT? And my life is so much more manageable today than it has ever been. And I am so grateful for my new found sobriety. Today I am proud to say that I am six months sober. This is the longest that I have been sober since I was 15 years old. I have been given a second chance at life, I have been given a second chance to raise my kids right, and be entirely present and focused on them. I am so blessed. If you or anyone you know is struggling pleeeeeeease go to a meeting, it all starts there. And I now am a firm believer that miracles do happen, you just need to do the footwork.

Sol R
    Keymaster

Awesome and inspirational story Alexis! This will help a lot of people. Keep sharing and hope to see you in an online meeting.

Ron F
    Participant

Thank you Sol!!! See you thursday!

Heidi Quist
    Keymaster

Awesome Alexis!! Loved the story…thank you for sharing! Sounds like you are doing amazing…don’t stop until the miracle happens, right? Have a great day!

Ron F
    Participant

Thank you (: !!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)