Looking for some support

Home Forums Member Topics New Member Cafe Looking for some support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mary C
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to the sitem and was hoping to connect with some folks that could help me through what i’m about to endure. I’ve been on methadone for fibromyalgia& osteo arthritis pain for 8 years, and Lortab for 7 years before that. I’m tired of being so dependent on the crap but i’m very scared of how my mind and body will react. I’ve had a couple times that my script was messed with and the withdrawls were terrible, but I never did make into full blown detox before it got straightened out. I’m currently on 90 MG’s a day, but my dose was as high as 120 for several years. My pain management dr may lose his liscence as I know he is being investigated, but I’m hoping to get myself weaned off before that happens. I have 3 beautiful kids and a job that I adore- I’m praying that I can get a handle in myslef without jeopardizing my job or my children’s happiness. I have a very supportive husband. But I’m scared to death. I don’t want to to go into rehab and miss any of my kids lives, even just a few weeks…my youngest is 20 months old and you miss ALOT over the course of 30, 60, or God forbid 90 days! I’ve been wanting to get off of it, but now that there’s a possibility my dr may lose hos liscence, I really need to get it done. No more excuses.

I just need some support…I have my husband, yes, but I could use some words of encouragement from those who have been where I am and made it out ok. I’d like to heat some success stories from people I can connect with and be told that life can be ok without a medication to give me the motivation to do my work, housework, ect.
    I’m scared of the pain I will have to deal with, because I truly do live in chronic pain, but I just can’t be tethered to a substance that runs my life…there must be another way.

Please, help me build the willpower I need to get myself through this, and if anyone has any words to share with me, I would greatly appreciate it.

It would be especially nice to connect with someone that was on Methadone as well, since the detox and withdrawl fir that are so unique in a way…so LONG LASTING….I k ow I’m looking at a 6-8 week Hell before I can finally begin to feel what “normal” will be like. Sometimes I even wish it was heroine I was kicking…the detox and withdrawal for that is so much shorter…

Please help

Mary Jo McMillen
    Participant

Hello my name is Eddie this is my first time on here and your story was one of the first ones I read. I was on methadone for about 9 years. I went to a clinic in Nashville first, Middle Tennessee treatment center, then to several different ones in Rossville Geogia, I got to the point that I hated it. I felt like it controlled me,I tried several times to quit and only making it a few days.Everyone told me it would take weeks before you felt normal again and I felt hopeless. I thought I would rather die as go on like this.I told my wife how I felt and she talked to other members in my family and they decided to try and get me help.They had me admitted into eastern state hospital. I went threw withdrawal there among a lot of very sick people.After 6 or 7 days I started feeling better after 10 days I was on my feet and feeling somewhat normal again.it didn’t take several weeks or months like everyone That has been 2 years ago and with Gods help I am still clean you can do this know in your heart and mind you can do it it is a very hard time but do not give up you will feel better sooner than you think

Mary Jo McMillen
    Participant

If you would like to talk more about it just message me and may God be with you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)