In need of some support and guidance

Home Forums Alcoholism Share Experience Strenght and Hope In need of some support and guidance

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    M J
    Participant

I am 25 and have been drinking since I was 14. I’ve always loved to party but in the last 2 years I’ve progressed to drinking 3-4 cases of beer a week and in the last few months I’ve started drinking BEFORE I go to work. My life seems to now revolve around when I will be able to crack the next beer and i don’t want to live like this… It used to be “cool” that I could out drink most of my guy friends, now it’s shameful and embarrassing. My husband and I want to try to have a baby and I am terrified of it having fetal alcohol syndrome or problems because I drank before I knew I was pregnant. I had a miscarriage 5 months ago, as soon as I found out I was expecting I quit drinking and smoking immediately… Since it happened its gotten worse. I just need a shove in the right direction… I feel like such a loser.

Sol R
    Keymaster

M J,

Thank you for your honest and heartfelt post. What worked for me was to start being honest with myself and to ask for help…something you have done. I realized that I needed a support structure and to listen to peoples experience who were like me. I found a local AA meeting and found a sponsor who was willing to start taking me through the steps. I have also found online AA meetings and the Guest Speaker Meetings very helpful in addition to my home group. Please let me know if you would like further info as I would be able to get you in touch with some really great women in the program.

I wish you all the best!

Sol

Heidi Quist
    Keymaster

I know EXACTLY where you are coming from! I have been there and I am now in recovery. It was very difficult to find hope and a path of recovery. I am a mother of 3 now and learned how to get help and hope. Let me know if you need any advice or just someone to chat with. Friend me on myrecovery! Send me a message or drop a line on my wall!! Hope everything is going well!
    Heidi

Brian Burgess
    Participant

I really do sympathize with you,as i feel that you really do want to change and are ready to change.Please join a rehab center as you will be able to get sober faster and once you are sober then wait for a few months to get pregnant so that all the ill effects of alcohol and smoking are out of your system.Do not worry,everything will work out fine for you if you follow the rules of being sober.but you do need to go to a rehab center for sure.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)