How is your recovery?

Home Forums Spirituality in Recovery Spirituality open to all How is your recovery?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tom G
    Participant

Today, I feel truly blessed. My work day sucked, but that doesn’t matter. During my active alcohol use, I would have drank to forget a bad day or get back at people by drinking when they thought I didn’t (alcoholism doesn’t have to make sense, I guess!). Instead of wallowing in my resentments, I now get to appreciate all that I have.
    I’m blessed to have a great home group that gives our fellowship a chance to hear and learn from each other’s stories. Even if they don’t want to share, right Heidi Q.? Heidi ended her excellent talk (you know someone is connecting with the group by how many heads nod during the talk. Heidi Q. had the group looking like a box of bobble heads) by introducing a topic for a call-up session, “How does your recovery look today?”.
    Today, my recovery looks sane. As bad as today was, I spent the evening reading stories in the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous. Stories that I connect with like our group connected with Ms. Q. last night. I could have faced my problems by being drunk and insane. Instead, I’m enjoying a calm night and learning more about me and my recovery. I’m free because of sanity.
    Tonight’s learned lesson came from a story in the Big Book called, “Flooded with Feeling”. I could have written this story. One line really hit me. Following describing a life of not being sane and how different recovery is, he says, “That’s a big change for someone who used to come to in the morning feeling sentenced to another day of life”.
    That was me. “Sentenced to another day of life”. Today, I am anything but sentenced. I am happy, joyous, and free. That’s how my recovery is today.
    How is your recovery? Tom G.

admin
    Keymaster

testts

admin
    Keymaster

testssss

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)