- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by .
If you, or someone you know, are in immediate danger with thoughts of harming yourself or are experiencing a medical emergency, PLEASE CALL 9-1-1 NOW! (If you are not in the U.S., please call your local emergency number.) There is help for you! Stay on the phone with the operator until help arrives. Your life is extremely valuable and there are people who care about you, so reach out for help and someone will respond.
If you are not in immediate danger with thoughts of suicide, yet need to talk to someone about suicidal feelings, please call one of these national suicide prevention hotlines:
1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
Remember, you have caring friends on MyRecovery who can provide support if you feel you are on the verge of relapse. Reach out to them now through the ADDICTION HELP FORUM
It's going to be ok. Please fill out this form and a skilled professional will be in contact with you shortly.
A good friend, Christopher L, reminded me of these agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. They have helped me a tremendous amount.
1. Be Impeccable With Your Word: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
2. Don’t Take Anything Personally: Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
3. Don’t Make Assumptions: Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
4. Always Do Your Best: Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.”
– Don Miguel Ruiz in The Four Agreements
Thanks good reminder!!!
PLEASE NOTE THAT BY ACCESSING OR USING ANY PART OF THIS SITE, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE SO BOUND, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THIS SITE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SITE CONSTITUTES ASSENT TO ANY NEW PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT THAT MAY BE POSTED ON THIS SITE IN THE FUTURE.
Areas of this Site may have different terms posted. If there is a conflict between this Agreement and the terms posted for a specific area of this Site, the terms for the specific area of this Site shall have precedence with respect to your use of that area of this Site.
Advertising information will be posted here.