Accepting Life

Home Forums Just for Today Accepting Life

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    erica a
    Participant

[center]Some things we must accept, others we can change. The wisdom to know the difference comes with growth in our spiritual program.
    Basic Text, p. 95[/center]

I used to think that it was a funny coincidence that a lot of my discussions revolve around spirituality, especially when things seem to be at there lowest point for me in life. Today, I do not believe in coincidences, but rather that everything happens in this world for a reason. It has also become more apparent to me that the reason the majority of my discussions seem to revolve around spirituality is because at the core of my disease is a spiritual malady rooted in selfishness and self-centeredness, thus at the core of my recovery must be the opposite of that. A Higher Power of some sorts, a spiritual course of action concerned with the greater good, rather that what I believe to be best for me. Accepting life as it is, is impossible for me to do if I am not spiritually fit. The wisdom to know the difference in the things that I cannot change and the things that I can change only comes through my own experience of trial and error. It is really easy for me to over complicate things so quite simple the only thing that I do have control over today is my attitude and behaviors. The way that I choose to react to a situation. Really for me that’s where things get real for me. It’s not a given situation that really causes problems for me, it is the way that I choose to react to the situation instead of taking the appropriate time to choose a response. Then I have to deal with the repercussions of my given actions. You see, I am the problem, my thinking is what’s messed up. When I take the time to inventory my actions I can see this then discussion the appropriate course of action to do something different. Anyways, I was reading this meditation and figured I would take the time to ramble on about it. I have to remember that my character, thus my actions are the only thing that I have control over today. Even if my life isn’t headed in the direction that I believe it should be I have to have faith that it is headed in the direction that it is suppose to be. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I am grateful to be a member of the community.

Heidi Quist
    Keymaster

Chris – Thank you so much this helped me today!! Love your prespective! – Heidi

Amanda Lynn Davis
    Participant

Yes….this just helped me too Chris!!! Thank you so very much! This is someting i am working on today and hearing how you work it gave me another insight…..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)